Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

re re re Dreaming Plug

From: Kerry White <zzkwhite@ktwu.wuacc.edu>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 1996 16:35:22 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: re re re Dreaming Plug
To: love-hounds <Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net>
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

  Hello, I have stated this here[] before and am doing it again: I've got
a dolby surround-sound decoder and have recorded what I called
"back-channel" (due to the 'back channels' of the s-sd) KaTe songs.
  If you have 1 of these things, you can take the signal from the
back-channel speakers (either plugs or w/ wires to a homemade set of
jacks) and be *careful* of the volume levels as they are stronger than the
typical 'tape-out' signals.
  I would assume that if you had Dreaming Speakers set up that you could
do the same w/ those wires, too.

  Also, there is a school of thought that says the original word for
"poisoner" was mis-translated into "Witch" in the Bible.  An admonition
that if 1 of the local herbalists was incompitent, he/she should be
removed from society.  "Witches", in the evil, nasty sense, consorted w/
demons.  Demonic types w/ horns were added to the hellish mythology by the
Babylonians.  Lucifer of the Bible was God's favorite who fell from grace
and still was fair in image.  Pagans and Wiccans are from pre-Christian
traditions.  Witches are very much a mythology formed from post
Christian-formation.
  The preceeding was a bit of stream-of consciousness on my part w/ no
attempt to put forth a formal attempt to refute or promote any 1 of the
various statements I have seen here[].

                                    KrW
            "Are you all sitty comftubole to squirm your botty?
                        Then I'll begin.........."