Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: And now its time that I must go

From: "Stuart M. Castergine" <scasterg@dispatch.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 1996 22:38:18 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: And now its time that I must go
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

On Fri, 19 Apr 1996, Jim Sturnfield wrote:

> I'm afraid that I must leave the list. Work no longer will allow personal
> use of the internet.

Fascists. I make rude gestures in their general direction. :-P

Hope to see you back here soon.

BTW, regarding unsubscribing. It is almost impossible. People have
been committed to mental asylums after their minds cracked due to the
frustration of trying unsuccessfully to unsubscribe from love-hounds.
Actually, IED was not a KaTeFan when he joined the list. His taste ran
more to old Barry Manilow albums. You see, someone once subscribed him
to the list as a joke, knowing he would be revolted by it. He tried to
unsubscribe. He even canceled his account, but the list hunted him
down and resubscribed him at every new address he obtained. Finally
his mind snapped and he went to the opposite extreme, becoming the
foremost KateFan. But he still cries every time he hears _Mandy_.

Chris n' Vickie were a team of Mimes who only stopped here because
they heard we occasionally discussed Lindsey Kemp on the list. They
were never able to leave. At least they've stopped doing those silly
ascii pictures of "Mime Walking against the Wind" and such. I hated
those.

There are dozens of stories like that on love-hounds. Sad, sad, sad.

And Kate's not a witch, she's a Zoroastrian. She told me one night at
a pub in London.

(Whew. Sorry, had to get that bit of silliness off my chest. :-)

Stu

scasterg@dispatch.com == Stuart M. Castergine        |              ---
All young gentle dreams drowning                     | "Mmm, yes."   |/
In life's grief                                      |               |\
Can you hang on to me? --Kate Bush, _Big Stripey Lie_|