Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re:One more question...no, two more...

From: SamiT007@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 1996 18:57:04 -0400
Subject: Re:One more question...no, two more...
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Hi all!

About four or five (or more?) years ago, I read an article in some magazine
(Rolling Stone perhaps?) about some guy at some East Coast Ivy League
University who wanted to do some sort of "art film" version of Wuthering
Heights and use Kate Bush as the "Cathy" voice in a voice-over in the film.
 I guess he wasn't planning on having any actors actually speak or something.
 I can't recall who he wanted to do Heathcliff's voice.  Does this sound
familiar at all to anyone?  I know I haven't given much to go on--it was just
a quick blurb in some article about something other than Wuthering Heights or
Kate Bush.  Of course, my ears perked up when I saw "Kate Bush" mentioned in
the article, but unfortunately, my brain has turned soggy and that's all I
can recall!  It seems as if this director's dream hasn't come true (yet) but
I'm just wondering if anyone has any clue to what I am referring?

Ah, it seems as if I never run out of questions to ask or comments to make,
doesn't it?  I think I'm just excited about meeting all these other Kate fans
after years of being a solitary fan!

I have one more question.  About six years ago, I heard a rumor from some
people who weren't fans of Kate, but were familiar with her music, that Kate
is a bona-fide witch.  They said they know this for sure, but I have never
read anything saying this.  I suppose it could be implied from songs like
"Waking the Witch" and her other pagan allusions in her music.  Anyone want
to answer?

Thanks much!

ta-ta,
~~~Samantha