Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

KaTe Bush on Stivell's Kimiad

From: Wieland Willker <willker@chemie.uni-bremen.de>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 1996 09:20:17 -0100
Subject: KaTe Bush on Stivell's Kimiad
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Hello,
Kyle asked:
>what can anyone tell me about the track the KaTe does on the Alan Stivell
>album  AGAIN??? does she contribute to it greatly? is it a duet?
>does she sing bv's?

She's contributing backing vocals. Her vocals give the song kind of a
"Ninth Wave" touch. I like it.

>what's the meaning of life?

KATE BUSH 42 (she is 42 in the year 2000!)

>is it a great track?

YES. (Compare it with Stivell's other version on "Chemins de Terre" to hear
the difference.)
It has Charlie Morgan on drums, John Giblin bass, Davey Spillane on pipes
and Alan Murphy on guitar.

Unfortunately I have detected a serious loose contact during the mixing (in
the Abbey Road studio, Del). You can hear it very clearly in the beginning
with Stivell's voice jumping from the middle to the left several times.
This happens also later on the track. It's only on track 10 (produced by
Kate Bush). Aaarrrgh! Anybody else noticed that?

Nevertheless KaTe is GREAT on this track!
And: the whole CD is great! I really like it and
play it quite often. It's definitely worth buying it!

S H E   R E A L L Y   I S !

Best wishes
    Wieland

"The Ninth Wave": The cause for the universe!

En arche en ho kate,
kai ho kate en pros ton theon,
kai theos en ho kate!
                (KATA IOANNHN)