Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Canadian CDs Different than US versions?

From: figsk8tn@ix.netcom.com (Sklar Toy)
Date: 13 Apr 1996 05:56:08 GMT
Subject: Re: Canadian CDs Different than US versions?
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

In <Thomas.A.Fornof.124.0010CAA5@SanDiegoCA.ATTGIS.COM>
Thomas.A.Fornof@sandiegoca.ncr.com (Thomas A. Fornof) writes:

>I have the US EMI America versions of Lionheart, The Dreaming,
>and Never For Ever.  I saw the Canadian versions of these
>disks in a store but they were still sealed so I can't
>see if there is any internal difference.  Do the Canadian differ
>from the US versions?  Do the Canadian versions use the
>UK masters(sound better)?  Should I get the Canadian versions?
>The Godwin book did not indicate any difference.
>Please reply to:
>Thomas.A.Fornof@SanDiegoCA.NCR.COM
>
>Tom Fornof
>min. sig.

I don't think there're any difference in any of the CDs with the
exception of the cover sleeve for "The Kick Inside".  The "Hounds of
Love" cassette is supposed to have the Extended Version of "Running Up
that Hill" on Side A, as did the UK cassette.

Of course, the Mini-LP (songs from Never for Ever and The Dreaming) in
Canada was released with 6 Tracks as opposed to the 5 on the US
version.