Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Love-Hounds digest V12 #112

From: SamiT007@aol.com
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 1996 23:42:29 -0500
Subject: Re: Love-Hounds digest V12 #112
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

>Listening to the famous "funny cigarettes" on Lily (around 2:50), I'm
>pretty sure it's "Who is on the left?  Who is on the right?"  This kind of
>makes sense because it's shortly before the the line "Michael to my right,
>Muriel on my left side."  But there's a sound like a water drip which
>partially obscures the first part of the line.

I agree--it's sounds like an electronic Kate, but it definitely says "Who's
on the left? Who's on the right?"  I also noticed that the "Who's on the
left?" line is heard only on my left speaker and "Who's on the right?" only
on my right speaker.

>Has anyone else noticed the snort on You're the One?  Listen for it
>at the end of the song (no Dreaming Plug required):
>
>	We tied ourselves in knots
>	Doing cartwheels 'cross the floor<snort>
>
>This is very odd!  The only thing that makes sense to me is that she
>intended a crying/sniffling type of sound, since it's hard to believe
>she would leave in an unintentional snort like that.

I wouldn't call it a "snort" at all!  A snort is caused by inhaling air, this
is a definite exhale.   I think it sounds like she's just really into the
song, caught up in the emotion, and that's just how her voice reacted to the
emotion.  I don't think it was intentional.  I think it's just one of her
wonderfully unique completely unintentional expressions.  No, Kate does not
snort unless it's on purpose and in that case, I believe we'd all know it was
meant to be.

~~~Samantha