Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The Name Game

From: violet@slip.net
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 1996 16:57:48 -0800
Subject: The Name Game
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Mandy wrote:
>Wieland is a lovely sweet person, and the rumour that I'm waiting
>for him outside the schoolgates with my two big brothers is
>totally untrue!
>Love and peace
>Mandy pandy

Ooh, ooh! I know how this goes...then Kate says "Oh, what a sweet little
Mandy Pandy you are."  And Mandy says "Hey! I take umbrage at being called
'little.'"
So then Kate turns to Violet and says...what...?

[How to solve the problem here?  What goes with Violet?  Bryan decided that
it would be sweet to call me "Voilet," thinking it sounded French and
romantic.  Until I pointed out that it looked like "toilet."]

So...Kate turns to Violet and says "Yeah, Voilet Toilet, don't make me say
things like that to Mandy."  :) :) :)  And of course I'm just being way too
silly.

But seriously, I can vouch for the fact that Wieland and Mandy are both
wonderful people who get along just fine.  But the whole idea of brothers
waiting outside the schoolgates is so "In Search of Peter Pan," isn't it?
It almost makes you WANT to get beat up, doesn't it?  Well, no, maybe not.
Maybe it just sounds more fun than it would really be.

Please bear in mind that I'm sick and I know not what I say today.

Violet
xoxox