Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

MisK.

From: IEDSRI@aol.com
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 1996 13:43:42 -0500
Subject: MisK.
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Bryan writes of the Gilmour demos:

 > He may just have one of:
 >  Don't Push Your Foot on the Heartbrake
 >  Kite
 >  L'Amour Looks Something Like You
 >  Moving
 >  Scares Me Silly
 >  Strange Phenomena
 > But I can hope it's something new!

IED the stickler can't prevent himself from commenting
that the above group of demo recordings are not, as
far as any of us know, from any of the Gilmour sessions.

We know only that Gilmour heard some very early piano-
solo demos; arranged to have a new set of piano-solo
demos done with better sound quality (though we still
don't know which of these collections included the 23
demos we are familiar with now -- or whether those
belong to yet another group); invited Kate over to his
home one afternoon in the summer of 1973 to record
a few tracks (of which "Passing Through Air" is one,
and "Maybe" is probably another); and finally, in 1975, scheduled and
produced three more polished recordings
 -- of "Saxophone Song", "The Man With the Child In His
Eyes"and "Maybe" -- the first two of which appeared on
the album The Kick Inside.  As far as we know, however,
the "Scares Me Silly" sessions stem from a later period,
sometime during the rehearsal sessions for the album.

IED thanks Violet for her clarification about the line
"L'amour marche avec un etranger", and completely
accepts it, and "Love walks with a stranger" as the correct
translation of the line.  "Mon chou" is definitely wrong!

Ron re-posts evidence of a moment of particularly acute
idiocy on IED's part from years past:

 > That's all for now, folks. If you're feeling blue, take
 > comfort in the supremely heartening knowledge that
 > SHE'S GONNA TOUR!
 >
 > - -- Andrew Marvick

As one who for some time now has been completely
convinced that Kate Bush will not tour again, IED finds
this remnant from his credulous youth saddening and embarassing.

And don't we all thank Karen for sharing that amazing
comet experience with us, and envy her the chance?
And they played her theme-song, too!  Glad
you're back home now, Karen.

-- Andrew Marvick (IED)
    S               R              I