Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Comet and Kate

From: kln@a.crl.com
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 1996 14:37:27 -0800
Subject: Comet and Kate
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Flying back from Charlotte NC the other night I was perusing USAir's in-flight
advertisement for itself and noticed that one of their radio tracks features
Celtic music -- and the first track listed was "Kimiad" by Alan Stivell, the
track which features Kate.  What good taste they have.

We dropped off some folks in Kansas City, and with only about 50 people left on
our 737 headed towards San Francisco.  About 20 minutes after leaving KC the
pilot came on to tell us he had a magnificent view of the comet he wanted to
share with us.

He turned off all the lights and rolled the jet up on the left wing so we had a
clear view of the coment out the right windows. From 35,000 feet, with no air to
cloud our view, the tail extended up to the right across much of the dipper, and
the comet itself was not the tiny fuzzball visible from the ground, but a really
big fuzzball.  One of the most incredible things I've ever seen.

And Kate, too.  That was a good flight -- made up for some bad ones I've had.

Karen  kln@a.crl.com  kimiad@aol.com