Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Len Bullard's Kate-VRML world

From: cbullard@HiWAAY.net (Len Bullard)
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 1996 16:22:41 -0600
Subject: Len Bullard's Kate-VRML world
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

>I was just looking for the Live3D plugin. There are lots of FTP mirrors,
>but only versions for Windows 3.1/95/NT.

>Does anybody know if there is (or will be) a version of Live3D for SunOS,
>Linux or Macintosh?

>bye,
>Rolf

Hard to say.  The address for the Paperinc folks who make
Live3D for Netscape is www.paperinc.com.  You can
ask because at one time they were working on a MAC
version.  They are slow about answering mail because
they are a small company and up to their booties in work.

The lack of MAC and Linux browsers has been frustrating in VRML.
Another problem is that depending on the rendering
engine, the "look" can change drastically.  Another
difference is the graphics accelerator.  I just saw
my work on a 24-bit true color system.  I pray to heaven
if anyone close to Kate ever sees it, they see it in
24-bit true color.  I was astonished at the difference.
For example, the Kate photos looked like she was
staring back through a window.  Gotta get one!

Go to Yahoo or another online search service
and locate the VRML repository, or MeshMart.
These are good jumping off points to VRML
tools.  Things aren't as free as they were.
That said, the animation in the worlds only
works with Live3D.  That was a design compromise
I had to make that may get corrected in the future.
Otherwise, one might try a trek to the local computer
store and see if they have any online demonstrations
going on.   Thanks for trying.

Hits on that page are climbing.  I suspect some
are robots, and a lot of others are people looking
for hidden nudes.  ;-)

len
Len Bullard

http://fly.hiwaay.net/~cbullard/