Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Depression...

From: Richard Caley <rjc@lillith.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 1996 16:04:00 +0000
Subject: Re: Depression...
To: rec-music-gaffa@moderators.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

In article <199603261953.MAA06114@kiva.com>, "\"Chris Hansen @ Work\""
<chris@kiva.com> writes

>I came upon KaTe CDs.  The first five KaTe CDs.  Now, this is not that bad.
>When someone shows up on the sale rack, it is usually 'cause the store can't
>sell them at their regular price.

I'm not sure that this is true. Some thing (and KaTe is an example) seem
to turn up in the sale section regularly, which would mean that they're
not selling them, having to get rid, then buying more which they don't
sell...

I think maybe there is a selection of albums they know they have a slow
steady demand for, so they stock them on a regular basis, but for some
reason sometimes they end up with too many, so they have to dump them.

Maybe demand drops, maybe they just like to get rid of the older copies
before they become too battered.
--
rjc@lillith.demon.co.uk                         _O_

Turnpike evaluation. For Turnpike information, mailto:info@turnpike.com