Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Jane -n- Kate

From: Jody Leak <Ogwen@news-e2b.gnn.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 1996 23:34:48 -0800
Subject: Jane -n- Kate
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
To: Felix1shoe@aol.com
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Felix1shoe@aol.com wrote:

> Anonymous wrote on behalf of Joan:
>
> >Jane Siberry *
>
> >* but Joan was disappointed by latest recording.
>
> Joan has a lovely list of likes (I at least like all of them) BUT I must
> disagree with the above!!
>
> Jane Siberry's recent work, _Maria_, is her finest ever!!  It is the most
> brilliant thing that I have heard all year, so far!  This is the one for
> which
> I have waited since the beginning of Jane's fascinating career.
>
> Felix

Jane certainly takes us on a wild ride, Felix. We never know what's
coming next! (I'm not complaining! :-) ). It did take me a while to warm
up to Maria...(When I was A Boy and The Walking being my favs...) But now
that I'm warm...close your eyes...You've gotta feel it! Is there a Jane
news group out there? I don't want to blather on about Jane in Kate,s
territory ;-)

Hmmmm...this is a Kate newsy thang...I'm working on a website showing
some Kate drawings that I did once upon a time....pen & ink...some
appeared in Homeground ages ago...they're good...really! ;-D Also Tori
drawings (I do the covers for Upside Down) other misc stuff...

I'll post the address when it's done...I may offer prints if there is any
interest in them...I can't think of the issue numbers...there was a Ninth
Wave...A Hounds Of Love...a Delius...and some doodles...Ed...are you out
there...tell them how great I am ! ;-D  Anyhoo...I'll post when it's
ready...thanks for listening...we'll leave the light on for ya...

Jody

"....go with it Scully"