Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Playing by ear

From: violet@slip.net
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 1996 09:21:53 -0800
Subject: Playing by ear
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Wayne wrote:
>find me racing white horses".
>E bass with E,E6,F#m7,Bsus4. I have always played Bmaj over an E bass, not
>Bsus4, and the Bmaj still sounds correct to me. Maybe my ear is not so good?
>Someone out there--
> Help me please.

Your ear is just fine.  You are basically playing Bsus4 (by playing E as
the bass note).  Just knock off the Dsharp on the right hand and you have
it.

He goes on to say:
>One more thing. Has anyone else noticed that even though Kate has never made
>it big in the U.S., many mainstream artist have been listening to her. I've
>been hearing slight infuences in other artists for several years.

I've always been aware of the exact same thing going on with Yoko Ono's
work.  Musician's themselves are often more open to the avant guard than
your average joe on the street.

Violet, the pianer-playin' fool
xoxox :)

        +       "Jesus is coming... Look busy."         +