Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Love-Hounds digest V12 #81

From: wisner@gryphon.com (Bill Wisner)
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 1996 18:58:47 -0800
Subject: Re: Love-Hounds digest V12 #81
To: love-hounds
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

> From: IEDSRI@aol.com
> Date: Fri, 8 Mar 1996 12:08:56 -0500
> Subject: KT in SF, November 1994

> As much as IED would love to share his most cherished
> memories of the evening, he cannot, as he was kindly (but
> firmly) asked by Del and Paddy not to describe the impromptu
> post-screening party incident.  (Karen will remember, though, as
> it all happened at her place!)

> John Light and Bill Wisner were there, though.  IED doesn't know
> whether they were explicitly sworn to secrecy or not. . .

You know, the whole evening I really wasn't convinced it was all
really happening to me - meeting Kate *twice* in one year just seemed
unbelievable.  We have Peter Gabriel to thank, of course; I don't know
how he managed to convince her to join that WOMAD festival but whatever
he did is enough to earn my eternal thanks.  Her set with the Trio
Bulgarka was easily the high point of a very hot, miserable day in
Golden Gate Park.  And then there was the concert Peter played at the
Oakland Coliseum a few days later.  It was a make-up show for one he
had been forced to cancel due to illness some months before.  I knew
in advance that Kate would be making a "surprise" appearance during
the show, of course; her people had contacted me beforehand to set me
up with passes.  But it was still terribly gratifying to hear the
awed cheer of the assembled crowd of 20,000 when Kate appeared on
stage for the duet in Come Talk To Me.

But getting back to the point: I also was "asked" to keep quiet.  The Bush
clan has always been very good at taking care of loose ends.  Really,
though, what happened there shouldn't have surprised any of us -- Karen
lives in a terribly small place.

w.