Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Eeks!

From: braffet@hawaii.edu (Elizabeth Braffet)
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 1996 20:04:01 GMT
Subject: Re: Eeks!
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

In article <v02140b13ad6c9599c88b@[204.162.173.83]>, violet@slip.net wrote:

> Elizabeth wrote:
> >KaTe Ceilidh (pronounced kay-lee, the gallic word for party).
>
> Zowee!  Gallic and Gaelic are two totally different things!

Zowee! is right, how did that one ever escape my attention?  Ah, these
hurried posts, one should always wait for a second read before sending.

> Anyway, Elizabeth, if the ending -mas makes you think icky thoughts, I hope
> that for your sake you're not Catholic, as having to go to Mass just might
> do you in permanently.  And THEN who would ever host a Kate Ceilidh? :)

*laughs* You are quite right, I'm not a Catholic but I have attended a
Catholic mass before and it _was_ an ordeal.  Still, back to the topic, it
wasn't so much the -mas ending, just the sound of Kate-mas and the images
it conjured.  Cathy-mas sounds little nicer to my ears, though it brings
to mind squalor (sorry my mind is just full of these icky images) and
isn't really suitable since we are celebrating the Kate persona.  I really
do prefer the alliteration and rhythm of the title KaTe Ceilidh (kay-tee
kay-lee) but of course the spelling of it seems rather problematic.

>         + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
>         +                                               +
>         +    "Give me coffee, and no one gets hurt."    +

Hmmm... I wasn't planning to serve coffee at my ceilidh since
theoretically I hold it on my gloriously prosperous Tea plantation.  But
given your sig.  perhaps I should rethink my choice of beverage.

Aloha,
Elizabeth

--
Elizabeth Braffet