Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

De-li-us

From: IEDSRI@aol.com
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 1996 13:38:20 -0500
Subject: De-li-us
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

 Violet writes:

 > For years I've been looking for a copy of "To be Sung of a
 > Summer Night on the Water," but Delius is sadly mostly out
 > of print over here in the U.S. and I've only ever been able to
 > find it listed in the liner notes of his CDs that I do have.

In December1980 Kate Bush herself played this piece (or as much of
it as the host, Paul Gambaccini, would allow) during her guest-
d.j. appearance on Radio 1.  She used the recording by the Choir
of Kings College, Cambridge -- which is still available, and as
a discounted U.S. release, on CD, occasionally to be found in Tower
Records stores.  It's only a few minutes long, and the CD is
a miscellany of British choral music.

Magical piece.

-- Andrew Marvick (IED)
     S               R             I