Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Delius

From: sztestes@bullwinkle.ucdavis.edu (Thomas C. Estes)
Date: 12 Mar 1996 00:44:58 GMT
Subject: Re: Delius
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

violet@slip.net wrote:
: For years I've been
: looking for a copy of "To be Sung of a Summer Night on the Water," but
: Delius is sadly mostly out of print over here in the U.S. and I've only
: ever been able to find it listed in the liner notes of his CDs that I do
: have.

: Violet

You're in for a treat on two counts -- you can find this domestically on
CD on:  "There is sweet music  English choral songs, 1890-1950"
performed by the Cambridge Singers under the direction of John Rutter
on Collegium CD COLCD 104

both CDNow! ($14.77) and CDConnection ($13.10) have this disc currently
listed; a trick - search by LABEL (Collegium) to find Cambridge Singers
discs, as they're scattered all over the on-line catalogs when you try
searching by performer/conductor/etc...

there's something like 20 discs listed by CDNow! and 27 by CDConnection
and I recommend them ALL ;)

good luck

--
Thomas C. Estes   tcestes@ucdavis.edu   so many toys, so little time