Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

KaTe, SNL, and me

From: Kerry White <zzkwhite@ktwu.wuacc.edu>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 1996 21:56:31 -0600 (CST)
Subject: KaTe, SNL, and me
To: love-hounds <Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net>
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

  Hi, I'm 44 now, but *still* remember KaTe's rehersal for SNL.  She of
course, did 2 shows, 1 for blocking and audience reactions, etc and 1 for
air.  All SNL shows do that, but my uncle worked for the studio and got me
in 2 hours early and I was there for the rehersals of THP and TMwCiHE.
They needed a few people to be her "audience", for the ambience, I guess.
I was put in the middle of these 8 or 9 other people and although she
probably did it to all of us, I felt at the time that when she looked at
me and held eye-contact for 3 or 4 (forever)seconds before going back to
the camera, it was for me alone.  She later came over and thanked us for
helping her "feel the place".  I got to shake her hand and even that of Mr
Gaffa, her personal assistant.
   I'm afraid I didn't realize that she was a true Goddess and I ogled her
in that body-stocking as though she was just a beautiful young woman with
a beautifully different voice.  I really repent and am sorrowful that I
pinched her butt when she passed.  The fact that she looked at me and came
back and smeared my cheek with her listick and whispered in my ear,"Don't
you *ever* do that again" and then **Winked** at me instead of getting mad
should have clued me at that time of her divinity.

                                   KrW
                      Commit random acts of kindness,
                       and senseless acts of beauty!