Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate Bush Tour & Moments Of Pleasure

From: Emmy May Lombaerts <lombaeg@mail.interpac.be>
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 1996 20:50:49 +0100
Subject: Kate Bush Tour & Moments Of Pleasure
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Cc: JHall@netgate.compaq.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Jen Hall <JHall@netgate.compaq.com> wrote:

>Sorry for the intrusion...I'm not a reader of this newsgroup, but my
>brother is a huge fan of Kate Bush.  He heard that she's scared to fly
>and that is why she won't tour.  Is that true?  Or, is there any info on
>when she will be touring?  Specifically in the Boston area?

        No tour or even an album planned yet, and don't hold your breath for
that one either... About flying.. It has been said that Kate is scared of
flying, but according to her, she just hates the pain in her ears when the
plane descends.

Then sjianuzi@mailbox.syr.edu (Nickie Curtis) asked:

>Smurf, playing his guitar refrain...

>I've been listening to this line for over a year now...
>am I missing something?
>Why is it in such an emotional peice...
>Maybe someone can give an in  depth explanation of
>the song "Moments of Pleasure"

       It's not Smurf, but 'there's Murph', referring to guitarist Alan
Murphy who died not long before the album was released.. "Moments Of
Pleasure" tells of the moments of our lives that we should treasure..
Memories of people who are longer be with us, but their memories will live
forever.. During the recording of TRS, Kate's mum also passed away, and she
is mentioned in the song as well. As is Bill Duffield ('Hey Bill, turn the
lights off'). He was a lightning-man who had a fatal accident during Kate's
Tour.

             Emmy.

Emmy May Lombaerts
lombaeg@mail.interpac.be        Krd@www.dma.be

http://www.dma.be/p/bewoner/Krd/

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-
'And Is It Right, Butterfly, They like You Better Framed And Dried?' ~
 Tori Amos
o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-