Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

2nd Fave KT concert

From: kln@a.crl.com (Karen Newcombe)
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 1996 23:20:14 -0800
Subject: 2nd Fave KT concert
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

You know, I nearly forgot about Kate's live introduction of The Line The
Cross and The Curve at the Golden Gate International Film Festival.  TLTCTC
played at San Francisco's favourite 30's-era theatre, the Castro.  This
highly visible event was attended by many of The City's luminaries
(including IED, if I may drag him into this.)  Kate got up and gave a brief
introduction, and then to our delight stayed on stage as The Mighty
Wurlitzer organist rose out of the floor.

Kate gave us a rousing rendition of "San Francisco, Open Your Golden Gates"
(for those of you so unfortunate as to not live here, the Castro
traditionally plays this anthem of the most marvelous city in the world
before every film).  The best moment was when Joe Dimaggio,
uncharacteristically overwhelmed by emotion, rose from his fifth row seat,
turned to the audience, and conducted us in a sing-along-with-Kate (of
course to obtain citizenship here you must know the words.)

After the movie Kate briefly signed autographs and was whisked away to one
of our fine local vegetarian restaurants.

;}  Karen  kln@a.crl.com  "I'm coming home to go roaming no more"

Karen    kln@a.crl.com    Kimiad@aol.com

Oooh find me the man with the ladder
And he might lift me up to the stars