Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

I press <execute>........

From: hopster@nconnect.net
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 1996 00:23:10 -0600
Subject: I press <execute>........
To: Love-Hounds@gryphon.com, kahl0818@uwwvax.uww.edu
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Welly welly well.....

I'm new to Love-hounds, so I'll just introuce myself. My name is Chris, my
handle is Hopster, I'm 23 yrs, 5'  18" tall, a Kate zealot, computer freak,
bicycle nut, twisted movie monger, and a helluva guy....modest too!  I work
for IBM, fixing computers, and some of my main musical interests
follow......Kate Bush (duh), Genesis (earlier), Peter G.and Phil C, Happy
Rhodes, Talking Heads/David Byrne, Tori, ICE-T, Faith No More/Mr Bungle,
Bjork, Sarah McLachlan, Loreena McKennit, Seal, NIN, Jane Sibbery, Pink
Floyd/Roger Waters, and a whole bunch of other stuff I can't think of right
now!

I discovered Kate through the sample of 'cloudbusting' in the Utah saints
song 'something good'. I was tickled profoundly by that voice, and decided
to check it out. I bought 'The whole story', and found it to be very odd,
especially, since I thought it was a single album, and not a 'hits'
collection! I was intrigued by some of it, but it went on my shelf for a
couple of months, until the infection had time to fester in my mind......I
then purchased 'Hounds' and thus began the musical gorging that you all must
know. etc... etc.....

                                                anyways,

PLEASE, come talk to me! you can even e me at hopster@mail.nconnect.net