Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: TLTC&TC

From: chrisw@wwa.com (Chris Williams)
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 96 22:48 CST
Subject: Re: TLTC&TC
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Deborah Levy wrote:

>	Well getting back to my point......when I started watching the movie
>it hit me all of a sudden that Kate bears an extreme resemblence to Mary
>Steenbergen (i think thats her name altleast).  Shes an actress, but the
>only role i can remember her in now is as Steve Martins wife in the movie
>"Parenthood".  does anybody else see this?

    Mary Steenbergen and Anne Archer are the most frequently mentioned. I don't
really see it in Anne Archer's case.

   Actually, I know of two actresses who look quite a bit like Kate, and even
have played parts that remind me of her. I don't know the name of the first
actress - she was one of the Major General's daughters in _The Pirates of
Penzance_. But she was a dead ringer, right down to the dimple on the cheek.

   The second is Geraldine O'Rawe who played Eve in _Circle of Friends_. The
part was a convent educated Irish girl, so the resembalence was more than
skin deep. She doesn't simply look like Kate, she shares Kate's "looks"...by
that I mean the way that Kate looks at people. Those devastating glances.

   _Circle of Friends_ is playing this month on Cinemax in the US and is out
on video. It's an enjoyable "little" movie by the director of _Cal_.

   When I get home one of the things I intend to do is capture frames from
these two films and make a "Women Who Look Like Kate" page.