Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

A Latina KaTe??

From: Rick Reittinger <ereitti@UOFT02.UTOLEDO.EDU>
Date: Sat, 02 Mar 1996 17:30:15 -0500 (EST)
Subject: A Latina KaTe??
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

I've been meaning to mention this for quite a while, but most times I'd
rather just read the posts...but the time has come to contribute.

There is always discussion of other kate-like artists on this list, and
thought Id introduce another. While living inMexico for a couple of years
(1983-1984) I was shocked to hear what I thought was Kate Bush singing in
Spanish. Turns out it was an Argentine singer by the name of Amanda
Miguel. Any Latino Kate fans familiar with her work? I only have three of
her albums, but have listened to them almost as much as I have listened
to Kate. The three albums are:

	El Sonido Vol. 1/El Me Mintio (He lied to me)
	El Sonido Vol 2
	Amanda Miguel 3 (Dont know the name - had some friends tape it
		for me)

I recently purchased two more of her albums but havent received them yet.

She has similar vocal style, and the albums I have are reminiscent of
KaTe's earler work. She even spends time on each album playing piano,
accompnying herself on very sensual and romantic work.

I would be interested to know if anyone is familiar with Amanda Miguel
and if they agree with my assessment and comparison to KaTe.

Rick Reittinger
ereitti@uoft02.utoledo.edu