Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Demo-lyrics

From: Rolf.Peukert@Theoinf.TU-Ilmenau.DE (Rolf Peukert)
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 96 08:39:55 +0100
Subject: Re: Demo-lyrics
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Hi Demo-Decoders,

couldn't resist posting some of my thoughts:
[all quotes from Wieland's reply to Emmy, Esther and Violet]

- Dali

If it's a song about Dali, it might have surrealistic lyrics :-)

> > "High, I can't see you
> > Leave Senora Dali alone
> > And higher still she keeps her gallery."

yes, i'd vote for Violet's version too.
(Re Bryan: Mr. Dali would be "Senor Dali")

> > At the moment, I'm trying to figure out which painting she could be
> > referring  to. Maybe the song could be Kate's interpretation of a certain
> > Dali-painting.. I'll do  some more delving on that one, I think :)
>
> This is my idea too, it would be really cool to find this painting. But I
> haven't  much hope. So far I can only think of the "Cecily" picture, but
> it's Cecily after all  and not "Senora Dali"!

This Cecily picture is missing in my (very incomplete) Dali book, but in his
paintings women often have the face of his wife, Gala.

btw, do you think Kate likes Dali? with all the burning giraffes?  ;-)

- Rare Flower

> > "It's calling me with a MENACING WHISPER
> > MAGICAL WORLD, ENCHANTING ME"
> [...] What about the "of" after the
> whisper?

How about: "It's calling me with a menacing whisper of
            magical word(s), enchanting me" ?

> Esther wrote:
> > [...] At the end
> > of the track Kate obviously stands up very  abruptly to turn off the tape
> > recorder as she knocks the afore mentioned tea cup.
>
> [...]  I know what you mean, it SOUNDS like a tea cup, but
> I'm pretty  sure, these sounds are only artificially enhanced turn-off
> sounds of the recorder.  I'm pretty sure.

Yes, it sounds like a tea cup. It's different from the other 'switch' sounds,
and the turn-off sound itself is after this rattle, I think.

- Lionhearts

The more I listen to this line, the less I'm sure about it:

You fall for all the men
  You shouldn't fall for one at all,     or
  You shouldn't fall for all at all,     or just
  You shouldn't fall fo-or at all

- The Craft Of Love

Listen to the "Ooooh Ooh Ooh" at the end of the song. At 2:38 and 2:43 there
seem to be some resonances of a glass - or a cup of tea? Or she hits the
frequency of a piano string.

- New Song:

> the bad news first:
> - the release date for KaTe's new song is set back to something...

surely the release will be delayed, they don't want it to get lost in
the pre-Easter maelstrom  ;-)

bye,

Rolf