Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Spams 'n' Demos

From: stev0@zuni.chaco.com (stev0)
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 1996 11:45:55 -0800
Subject: Spams 'n' Demos
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Hi -

About all those spams we've been getting:  Old wisdom
(complaining to postmaster@<domain name>) doesn't
work anymore, since most of them forge their headers.
If they're dumb enough to put their real domain in the
header (dead givaway:  if they say anywhere in the
posting "email me at:" or "see my website at:", then,
by all means, POLITELY tell postmaster about it
(don't forget to put a copy of the spam - WITH the
headers - in your email to postmaster!)

One thing still holds true:  Do NOT respond to spams
on this list!  Spam senders NEVER actually read the
newsgroups/mailing lists they mailbomb; you'll just
be wasting MORE bandwidth with such complaints.

ObKate:

This thread about the Demos started out interesting,
but has officially reached The Silly Zone now.  You folks
are arguing about the TITLES of the home recordings?
No one knows WHAT the official titles are, except for
maybe Kate herself (and she's not telling!)

I mean, just looking at the lyrics, would you guess the
titles of "There Goes a Tenner"?  (Most folks would
probably guess "We are Waiting")  How about "Jig of
Life"?  Even something obvious in retrospect, such as
"James and the Cold Gun", I think would be just guessed
as being called "James".

So it doesn't matter WHAT you call the individual songs;
you're ALL wrong (or all correct, depending on how you
answer the half empty/half full koan).

- Stev0 the Gypsy

"The more I think about sex, the better it gets."
  - Kate, "The Blue Song"