Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

spammers & December

From: Emmy May Lombaerts <lombaeg@mail.interpac.be>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 1996 14:17:04 +0100
Subject: spammers & December
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

braitman@sirius.com (Stephen M. H. Braitman) asked:

>How can we prevent the intrusion of stupid spam advertising in our newsgroup?

     It would be quite impossible to keep all the spam away, unless we
switched to a closed group/list, but there is a way to act about individual
spammers. You could try sending a note to their postmaster  - ie
postmaster@hostname.domain. He should be able to deal with the matter in the
appropriate way. Of course, if the spammer is posting from a fake addy, you
have to figure out what the real posing-host was. You can do that by looking
at the headers.

>By the way, no one has yet answered my question about whether the promo
>video of "December Will BE Magic Again" has ever been commercially
>released?

       No it hasn't

                     Emmy.

Emmy May Lombaerts
lombaeg@mail.interpac.be        Krd@www.dma.be

http://www.dma.be/p/bewoner/Krd/

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-
'Caught a lite sneeze, dreamed a little dream, made my own pretty hate
machine' ~ Tori Amos
o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-