Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: "The Bride Wore Black"

From: spaced heater <woj@remus.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 1996 08:08:53 -0500
Subject: Re: "The Bride Wore Black"
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

llovich@aol.com (Llovich) sez:

>I need to preface this by saying that I can't access the Web right now to
>check the Garden ...

while the garden has all (er, most) of the raw text interviews in it,
the best place to look to answer this question is cloudbusting, where
all (er, most) of KaTe's interviews and KBC articles are sorted by
song and topic.

<http://www.cogsci.ed.ac.uk/~rjc/hyper_cloud/cloudbusting.html> is the
place to go.

>So, OK, here's the question, has KTB ever mentioned this film in
>connection with "The Wedding List" or is this another synchronicity?

yup. here's the entry from cloudbusting:

          That was based on a film, a Jeanne Moreau film I once saw on
          the telly, when the bride's husband was killed and she sought
          revenge for those responsible. [She spends the next 15 minutes
          relating the plot of the film, ending in a breathless
          flourish]. It was an amazing film. Can't remember what it was
          called, though. [The film, truffaut's tribute to alfred
          hitchcock, is called la mariee etait en noir, or the bride
          wore black. - ied] (1980, Oct 10, Melody Maker)

woj