Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

"The Bride Wore Black"

From: llovich@aol.com (Llovich)
Date: 17 Feb 1996 23:55:27 -0500
Subject: "The Bride Wore Black"
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

I need to preface this by saying that I can't access the Web right now to
check the Garden ...

I just finished watching a 1968 Francios Truffault film called "The Bride
Wore Black," a Hitchcock hommage in which a woman (played by Jeanne
Moreau) systematically kills the five men responsible for the death of her
husband as the couple left the church after their marriage. She keeps a
LIST wherein she ticks off the name of each man after she kills him in her
revenge.

Throughout the film, we see her huband die AGAIN AND AGAIN; however,
Moreau does not feel good in her revenge.

Also, to carry off one of the killings (of a visual artist), she poses as
Diana (the Huntress) and kills him with an arrow. Do I need to tell you
that there are numerous close-ups of her pulling the bow back with the
frame "cutting" her face in half?

So, OK, here's the question, has KTB ever mentioned this film in
connection with "The Wedding List" or is this another synchronicity? It
wouldn't strike me as anything out of the ordinary that she's seen this
film, I just don't recall any mention of her having done so anywhere.

Thanks in advance for the info --

VanceMan

"Just saying it can even make it happen ...
    All I have to do is say it for you."
-- "Cloudbusting," K. Bush