Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Demo title matching

From: btd@carina.cray.com (Bryan Dongray)
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 1996 11:18:05 -0600 (CST)
Subject: Demo title matching
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

jabber@io.org (Daniel and Bridget Jankowski) on 10 Feb 1996 20:00:42 wrote:
> OK, I have a lot of the demos, but, I'm wondering if anyone has or knows
> where I can find a cross-references list of the song names...

It is in the FAQ, but as not the names you specified.

> particularly, the names on my copy of the demos do not all match up with
> the names I've been reading in this thread. I know from the lyrics that
> some of the songs are the same, but I'm trying to figure out which demo
> song I don't have. This is the setlist on my demo tape:
>
> Babooshka (Piano)
> Playing Canasta
> Love
> Less
> (Beat Box)
> Me Waiting
> Heartbreak

OK here are my guesses, feel free to disagree:

	Babooshka (Piano)
		Babooshka
	Playing Canasta
		Rinfi the Gypsy		(or is that Winfrey?)
	Love
		!?!	need a few more clues, this title could fit most
			total guess	Oh to be in Love
	Less
		!?!	again, a one common word for a title is difficult
			total guess	Nevertheless, you'll do
	(Beat Box)
		Babooshka (again)
	Me Waiting
		Stranded at the Moonbase
	Heartbreak
		Don't Push Your Foot on the Heartbrake

Does anyone have a public site where the demo lyrics are available?

The garden had them, but they're being HTML'ized, you get pointed to:
	ftp://ftp.uu.net/usenet/rec.music.gaffa/kb/lyrics
but these are a bit dated and some demo lyrics missing, but lots of
other good stuff to read.

I know David Benson is part way through, well done! Unfortunately,
with the recent discussions, looks like there might be some minor
changes in what is believed to be correct. Take a look in:
	http://www.acy.digex.net/~dobenson/demo.html
but despite the title, it appears it will be all lyrics, not just
the demos. David, if you're listening, just a thought how about a
program to convert the lyrics into HTML?

As everyone probably knows I have the lyrics which I activiely correct
as discussed and discovered, but no public place to show them. NO I'M
NOT GOING TO POST THEM, my all lyrics file is 6332 lines (160k), if I
run my program to just give me the demo lyrics, its still 1220 lines (29k)!

> Anyone can help me out, or point me toward a FAQ or something, I'd really
> appreciate it.

FAQ in (at least):
	http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/hypertext/faq/usenet/music/kate-bush-faq/faq.html
	http://www.math.uio.no/faq/music/kate-bush-faq.html
both are dated 96/01/25, and are about 115k! What happened to the RFAQ?

			Bryan Dongray