Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: i don't know if it's been signed yet but pass this on

From: "Stuart M. Castergine" <scasterg@dispatch.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 1996 19:43:45 -0500
Subject: Re: i don't know if it's been signed yet but pass this on
To: Laurie Ratcliff <lratclif@astro.ocis.temple.edu>, rose <diYanni@max.muhlberg.edu>
cc: Alanna Price <arp4991@is2.nyu.edu>, Gillian Neff <gneff@astro.ocis.temple.edu>, Leonine <lgreen@astro.ocis.temple.edu>, old-ways@flux.mindspring.com, stuart goldman <felix@atc.ameritel.net>, jon harvey <jph@sas.upenn.edu>, liz harvey <emharvey@mhc.mtholyoke.edu>, kafka <molt@tiger.hsc.edu>, brie neff <bneff@VM.TEMPLE.EDU>, Robb <rspier@astro.ocis.temple.edu>, Scbdmoore@aol.com, BrnEyeGal9@aol.com, love-hounds@gryphon.com, rohn@architech.com, robstuff@mail.utexas.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

On Fri, 9 Feb 1996 12:08:48 -0500 (EST) lratclif@astro.ocis.temple.edu (Laurie
Ratcliff) wrote:

>It was signed yesterday afternoon, effective immediately.
>

>On Fri, 9 Feb 1996, Brett W. McCoy wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 8 Feb 1996, Laurie Ratcliff wrote:
>>
>> > Subj:   The Ban On Abortion On the NET
>>
>> I don't believe this for a minute.  I think someone is just trolling.
>> Clinton would veto something like that in a heartbeat.

check out <http://www.technologylaw.com/techlaw/telecom_bill.html> and look on
the page with their analysis of teh bill. the bill manages to avoid the word
"abortion" completely, but extends an existing ban (details of which I don't
know) to cover interactive computer networks.

--
scasterg@dispatch.com == Stuart M. Castergine        |              ---
All young gentle dreams drowning                     | "Mmm, yes."   |/