Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Favourite demo

From: btd@carina.cray.com (Bryan Dongray)
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 1996 23:30:50 -0600 (CST)
Subject: Favourite demo
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Emmy May Lombaerts <lombaeg@donald.interpac.be> on 6 Feb 1996 22:57:05 wrote:
>     By the way, about the demo-songs.. Which are your favourites? I love
> them all, they're like rough diamonds I think, but the ones I like the most
> are 'Disbelieving Angel', 'The Rare Flower', 'Stranded At Moonbase',
> 'Frightened Eyes' 'Nevertheless' and 'So Soft'.

I like them all, some better than the "produced" versions on the
standard albums. My favourite is "Something Like a Song", followed
closely by "While Davy Dozed". Other great moments though that I
really like:
	The line "Give me one second to succumb".
	The Babooshka "beat box".
	The "tiny fish" - excellent - humour and seriousness.
	All the "A-ee-aha-ee-aha-oo"s from "Dali".
	Also the "oohoo..." in "Something Like a Song".
	The line "Everyone here loves cheap wine" makes me think
		of university shoestring budget parties.
	The lines "I tried to teach you good rock'n'roll,
		But you couldn't get over the old one-two,".

I think the above snippets probably reveal something about my
musical taste or even my personality, hopefully no-one will
psychoanalyze me based on the above!

	"It's so deep I don't think that I can speak about it."

			Bryan Dongray