Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Deeper Understanding &The Demos

From: Emmy May Lombaerts <lombaeg@donald.interpac.be>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 1996 22:57:05 +0100
Subject: Deeper Understanding &The Demos
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com, love-hounds-digest@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Hello Everyone,

Michael Doerr <doerr@server2.rz.uni-leipzig.de> asked:

[Deeper Understanding]
>Is here any computer scientist who is NOT touched by this song ???

     Although I'm not too fond of Trio Bulgarka (Sorry, folks), I have grown
to love 'Deeper Understanding', and since being on the Net the words took on
a whole new meaning for me.

then btd@carina.cray.com (Bryan Dongray) said

[The Craft Of Love]
>I still think the line about "Tiny Fish" is most excellent,
>but I cannot get the vision of something like a large trout
>or two flapping about, out of my mind!

      Hmm :)) I think the 'Tiny Fish' line is one of the nicest lines Kate
has ever written. Sounds so intimate and innocent, it's lovely. The
demos-song-lyric I sometimes have to smile about, is that of 'On Fire Inside
A Snowball'.. When my friend and me heard that for the first time, he seemed
rather confused.. "Is she really singing 'Oh this is wonderful, sex in the
snow'?" he asked, looking completely puzzled.. But don't worry folks, I set
him straight :)

    By the way, about the demo-songs.. Which are your favourites? I love
them all, they're like rough diamonds I think, but the ones I like the most
are 'Disbelieving Angel', 'The Rare Flower', 'Stranded At Moonbase',
'Frightened Eyes' 'Nevertheless' and 'So Soft'.

                      Emmy.

Emmy May Lombaerts
lombaeg@mail.interpac.be
http://www.ping.be/~ping2242/emmy.html

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-
'Caught a lite sneeze, dreamed a little dream, made my own pretty hate
machine' ~ Tori Amos
o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-