Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Demo lyrics: Dali

From: btd@carina.cray.com (Bryan Dongray)
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 1996 20:59:34 -0600 (CST)
Subject: Demo lyrics: Dali
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Of course, the title is also in dispute, ie "Darling", but considering
the line "she keeps her gallery", art and artists does seem of relevance?

After the very hard to hear first word "High", I often think it could
just be "I", sung very breathy, so the line "I can't see you" makes
sense, but closer listening, I'd go with "High, and can't see you".
Although the "and" is very brief, more like 'n'
The line:
	You've seen your -en- Dali
sounds a bit like a slurred "own", which makes ok sense.

Also all lines:
	Ferry me over the music Dali
is probably most true, if the title is to be believed.
I understood the Phoenix DJ made it certain, ie he said something
like "Dali, as in the artist", but perhaps that's hearsay.

			Bryan Dongray