Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

RE: Unravelling the problematic lyrics (bit shorter)

From: "Forward, Jonathan" <JForward@sitgbsd1.telecom.com.au>
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 96 10:35:00 EST
Subject: RE: Unravelling the problematic lyrics (bit shorter)
To: "rec.music.gaffa" <love-hounds@gryphon.com>
Encoding: 50 TEXT
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Emmy wrote:

  >  Okay, here are my attempts.. :
  >
  >  Wieland Willker <willker@chemie.uni-bremen.de> wrote:
  >
  >  [Rinfi The Gypsy (Playing Canasta in Cold Rooms)]
[snip]
  >  >(Ooh, long, long, long...)   [?]

Isn't this just a series of vocalisations?
Can't hurt me to have another listen anyway.

  >  [Dali (Ferry Me Over)]
  >  >High,
  >  >And can't see you.
  >  >You've seen your ..[?]. Dali    [your -en- Dali?]
  >
  >      I've seen your room, Dali? / lives in your room, Dali?

I thought she just sang "darling".

[snip]

  >      Debry everywhere

That would be debris.

[snip]

  >    Deeper here ... [.... ?]
  >    Answers and treasures for him
  >    [...?]
  >    My heart goes under alone/grows stronger alone?

Hmmm - must listen to this one when I get home.

  >  [Where Are The Lionhearts (On the Rocks)]
  >  >Climbing up the adders  [meaning ?]
  >  >To slide down the adders

She's just GOT to be singing "climbing up the ladders"
although it certainly sounds like adders when I listen.

TSB