Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The Princes Trust and IA's memory

From: Peter Fitzgerald-Morris <pfm@glass.jecsystems.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 1996 19:55:00
Subject: The Princes Trust and IA's memory
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Hello All,

I was interested to see Rolf's post on the 1980 Prince's Trust
concert. I was in the audience, and I think I can say that some extent
Ian Anderson's memories are wrong.

>>"... and somebody introduced me to this cheerful, quite small, friendly,
>>funny little girl with a funny [tries Kate impersonation:] <squeaky
>>little voice>, and it was Kate Bush. And she was _really_ nice. And she's
>>such a good singer. And she had such a terrible time at this particular
>>concert, because we all had to meet the Prince of Wales, and when you get
>>introduced to your future king, you get nervous and your hands get sweaty
>>and ...ssss... all that shaking hands stuff... [<- i didn't get that all]
>>You know that he doesn't know who you are, he knows nothing about pop music.

I can live with this.

>>Then he moved on to me, and I said a few words, and then it was Kate Bush.
>>And she went to pieces, she cracked up, she just couldn't...
>>[guesturing] she was blblblblblbl... couldn't speak to him, completely
>>downtied [??], and was so embarrased by him, she made a fool of herself,
>>she thought. She was just nervous.

This, I suspect just a mite exagerated to make a good story.

>>Now it got worse, it got much worse, cause when poor Kate had to do her song
>>in front of her future king, she went out on stage to begin singing, and the
>>top of her dress split open and came on down. And she had to run off stage
>>into the wings [??], with her dress falling down, which is kind of
>>embarrassing for a girl - [funny voice:] even more embarrassing for a boy.

This isn't true, as anyone who actually has the vid can verify. Kate
did have collapsing dress problems, but it didn't `come on down', she
didn't run off stage, but kept going and finished the song, walking
off when done.

>>So I happened to be standing there, ready for anything, and I saved Kate,
>>because I had a piece of a tape that we always use for fixing anything on
>>stage in music business, and I managed to fix her dress with a piece of
>>black sticky tape, and sent her back on stage to finish the song.

A nice story, but I suspect old age has faded the brain cells. He
might have assisted Kate once she came off, bur certainly didn't fix
her up and send her back on.

Oh damm! We didn't win the lottery again.

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
H  Peter FitzGerald-Morris       H     H   GGGGGGG     "Have       H
H  direct from                   H     H   G            the walls  H
H  HOMEGROUND TOWERS             HHHHHHH   G    GG      got        H
H  now via                       H     H   G     G      ears       H
H  pfm@glass.jecsystems.com      H     H   GGGGGGG      here...?"  H
H                                                                  H
H         HOMEGROUND - THE INTERNATIONAL KATE BUSH FANZINE         H
H            PO Box 176 Orpington BR5 3NA Kent England             H
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

--- Blue Wave/DOS v2.20 [NR]
TGA/Jec Data Comms