Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Mailbag

From: Wieland Willker <willker@chemie.uni-bremen.de>
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 1996 15:02:58 -0100
Subject: Mailbag
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Hello friends,

Karen:
'Litchfield' is a photobook with more than 100 very beautiful women
(question of taste, of course, but some are absolutely staggering, e.g. Anne
Archer!). There are two photos of Kate in it, one full page (the Egyptian
Goddess) and a smaller one. I think, the book is out of print. I'm pretty
sure, that the Egypt-photo can be found somewhere in a fanzine, too. I will
bring the number-details tomorrow.

Len:
>Yeah, she has a dent.  It is noticeable on the
>MTV Sensual World interview.  It is probably
>the result from the wear in the early years
>when everyone just HAD to kiss her.  Lucky sods.

This is the best explanation, I've ever heard! Yes, that's it!

Rolf wrote in his very interesting transcription of Ian Anderon's
experiences at the Prince's Trust Rock Gala (July 21 1982):

> Before this he told that Jethro Tull was invited only because David Bowie
> couldn't be there.

The same thing is told about Kate Bush.

> So I happened to be standing there, ready for anything, and I saved Kate,
> because I had a piece of a tape that we always use for fixing anything
> on stage in music business, and I managed to fix her dress with a piece
> of black sticky tape, and sent her back on stage to finish the song. She
> was really embarrassed, and I felt so sorry for her.

This isn't correct. She ended her performance without interruption. Maybe
this happened afterwards? But I have my doubts. I've seen the video and it
seems to be quite tricky to repair this with tape, but who knows..
To me it looks more like opening buttons, but I'm not an expert in such
risky costumes.
This brings in the Gaffers tape, but The Dreaming album was finished before
this event.
I'm not sure, what we can believe from Anderson's story.

Best wishes
    Wieland

"That was the most embarrassing moment in my entire life"

-- Kate Bush, about Ian Anderson confusing the Prince by pointing at Kate
   and saying: "My wife, Kate - "