Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re:Kate / Tori

From: odsbodskin@aol.com (ODSbodskin)
Date: 3 Feb 1996 10:54:56 -0500
Subject: Re:Kate / Tori
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

hello everyone.
   I'm new to this newsgroup, so I've missed much of the debate; but I
won't let that stop me from throwing my two cents in...

   At first I liked Tori, and immediately noticed the Tori / Kate
parallels; but after seeing Tori's Little Earthquakes video my opinion
changed.
   The young Kate gave the impression of being a precocious genius who
could distill literature and myth into 3 minute pop wonders. One could
only imagine the experiences of a teenager who could perform such magic.
She was WAY beyond anything we teenagers could envision.
   Tori, on the other hand, especially after seeing the video, struck me
as a sick little puppy writing sordid, self-centered melodramas. To put it
bluntly, the video made me think Tori might be seriously insane!!!

   ( If I posted this on alt.music.alternative.female, I think I would
need to have heavy duty fire-fighting equipment handy....But maybe I'm
safe here in gaffa.)

-ODS