Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

sophomores

From: the icon of coherence <woj@romulus.rutgers.edu>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 1996 19:08:31 -0500
Subject: sophomores
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

RansomGroup1@eworld.com sez:

>Actually, after having heard "Under the Pink", I thought "Little
>Earthquakes" might be a lot like Thomas Dolby's "Golden Age of Wireless"
>-- so good at being what it is that a follow up begs comparison and
>rarely reaches the same degree of personal and/or popular and/or
>ciritical success of the previous work.

while i understand your point, i completely disagree with your example
of tom dolby. _the flat earth_ and _the golden age of wireless_ are so
strikingly different (with the exception of "hyperactive") that comparing
the two is ludicrous.

nevermind my opinion that _the flat earth_ is just plain stunning. ;)

woj