Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Trio Bulgarka (no Kate contents, sorry)

From: holle@ira.uka.de (Joerg Holle)
Date: 2 Feb 1996 11:12:08 GMT
Subject: Re: Trio Bulgarka (no Kate contents, sorry)
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

pdcampbell@goodyear.com wrote:

>The reason for telling all this is...the first time I heard the last
>song on the CD, "Polegnala e Todora", I knew I had heard it before.
>It didn't take long to decide I had heard it on a David Byrne album,
>then identify the album as _Music_for_The_Knee_Plays_ by David Byrne
>and Robert Wilson, and finally the song "Theadora Is Dozing".

Do you or anyone know if 'Music for the Knee Plays' is available on CD ?

I have the vinyl, but I would prefer a CD. I think, I'd listen more
often to it then, than I do now ... (you know, nowadays I usually
keep my LPs away from that ugly needle if possible and make a bad-sounding
tape-copy instead ;).

>Any comments?
It's not what you'd expect from David Byrne (except for the lyrics), I think,
but it's great anyway and highly recommended. (just my comment)

Joerg
| Joerg Holle        |   'Anger is an energy'  |
| holle@ira.uka.de   |       (John Lydon)      |