Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Katori matches

From: btd@carina.cray.com (Bryan Dongray)
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 1996 22:50:13 +73800 (CST)
Subject: Katori matches
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

In a moment of strangeness...

More title matches:
	Under the Ivy		Under the Pink
	Rubberband Girl		Cornflake Girl
	Cloudbusting		Cloud on my Tongue
	The Wedding List	The Waitress
	Egypt			China
	Marianne		Lily
OK, some major streching at times!

I'm in the camp that believes that both artists just happen to
be similar, there are only a certain number of chords, and finger
able to play things on a piano, sometimes things are going to
sound the same (IMO).

			Bryan Dongray

PS Despite my previous low score for TA BfP, I really quite like
the track "Hey Jupiter", not quite sure on the meaning yet, but
we still have similar discussions about some KaTe tracks!
I find "Mr.Zeebera" (as Tori pronounces it) quite an amusing ditty,
I have an idea this time of the lyrics, but here's not the place
to discuss it. Actually, the whole album is difficult to grasp any
meaning, perhaps I'm looking too deep. I remember hearing an old
interview with "Procul Harem" about "A Whiter Shade of Pale", which
appears to have some hidden meaning, they said, "nope, the words
just seemed to fit together nicely, nothing hidden, just good words".