Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Has Kate already peaked?

From: barnster <haha@ix.hell.com>
Date: 31 Jan 1996 07:25:41 GMT
Subject: Re: Has Kate already peaked?
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

rm809@aol.com (Rm809) writes:
> I agree w/the previous poster who put Dreaming and Hounds of Love as KT's
> "peak."  Dreaming is one of my all time favorite albums, so much so I was
> disappointed w/Hounds when I 1st heard it!  Grew to like it better
> though...

> "She eyes me like a lemur, when I am weak...."

Well rm809,

I understand why you would feel that way.  Can't get much more creative than
the Dreaming.  Though Hounds is creative, it does have a commercial bent.
"All The Love" is one of my favorite songs.

When I posted the article, I remember including "The Sensual World" as one
of the albums she peaked with.  (It's her best work!)  Perhaps you don't agree?

And what do you really think of "The Red Shoes" as a whole?  My advise is to
run and hide after you reply.

barney