Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

It shouldn't be TORI vs. KATE

From: stev0@zuni.chaco.com (stev0)
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 1996 10:32:39 -0800
Subject: It shouldn't be TORI vs. KATE
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Hi there!

Now, I'm getting sick of these folks whining "Tori is just a pale
copy of Kate!"  What these narrow-minded folks refuse to
see is that KATE is just a pale copy of - you guessed it - Iggy Pop.

God, the similarities are endless!

Kate released music on vinyl albums first, to have them later
released on CD.
Iggy released music on vinyl albums first, to have them later
released on CD.

Kate worked with Peter Gabriel, a more famous (in America)
male musician.
Iggy worked with David Bowie, a more famous (in America)
male musician.

Kate has been seen smoking.
Iggy has been seen smoking.

Kate has been known - more than once - to be seen eating food.
Iggy has been known - more than once - to be seen eating food.

Kate, when she sings, sings into a microphone.
Iggy, when he sings, sings into a microphone.

Kate - if you examine her lyrics - uses some of the same words
over and over (such as "the", "and", and "is").
Iggy - if you examine his lyrics - uses some of the same words
over and over (such as "the", "and", and "is").

Now, I refuse to respect Kate until she owns up that her entire
career was just a copy of the great works of Iggy.

- Stev0 the Spider from Mars

"Jig of Life" - "Lust for Life" - how more similar can you GET?