Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Wait for Kate ?

From: R.EISERMANN@LINK-M.DE (Ralph Eisermann)
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 1996 02:41:00 +0100
Subject: Wait for Kate ?
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Well, may be he will have to wait for a long time, this celtic project
sounds interesting, but don t forget there will be only one song of KT
on the whole CD!
So it is necessary to seek for other female artists ;) , as for Tori and
others (I think Happy Rhodes is a good candidate).

And of course, Tori also comes up with nice stuff!
KT-Fans and maniacs, but also more moderate love hounds have to get used
to the situation we are in: Kate Bush created a new style, some people
are simple plagiators (german Mandy Winter), others just use the technics
KT developed, not only in singing but also in writing texts, composing and
arranging, eg. the combination of bass, synth and drum machine, which is
of course not only typical for Kate, but it is typical for a whole bunch
of artists. And KT got her entry in encyclopedias (german Brockhaus), she
has become a part of our common culture and  our history, as the Beatles,
Longfellow, Nixon ( ;) ), Helmut Kohl ( ;-))) ), Pink Floyd, Michael
Jackson.
And KT was one of the founders of the gothic-style/culture (esp. TNW).

Why should not someone other use this for his ideas? Some people do, and
some of them do a good job.                 0

>From Tori to Enya, many use elements the german composer Orff introduced
once, and nobody questions that.

So, Tori is a musician, Kate is another, there are some other people,
some are likely ot get well known artists themselves (Happy), some are
not.

Beat and Surf has a bug influence until today, eg. the punks around
Bad Religion, so who cares ?

CYA,

   Ralph

## CrossPoint v3.1 ##