Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

University Challenge

From: nbc@inf.rl.ac.uk (Neil Calton)
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 1996 11:14:48 +0000
Subject: University Challenge
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Watching University Challenge on BBC TV last night I noticed
one of the contestants for Warwick University was a certain
Steve Thomas. Was this the same person as the Lovehounds'
luminary who has often frequented this forum? Steve if you
are still around - let us know. I have a feeling that we might even
have met at a Convention but I am terrible at remembering faces.

If it was "our" Steve, what was amazing was that there was a question
involving Kate Bush viz. having to name the month featured in
3 pieces of music: one of which was December Will Be Magic Again.
And this was indeed answered correctly by Thomas of Warwick.
Judging by his reaction on hearing the first chords of this tune
I can only assume it was Lovehound Steve. This is the first time I
can recall Kate being featured on the programme, which only adds
to the coincidence (unless the programmes are rigged!).

Neil

Neil Calton                                       INTERNET:  nbc@inf.rl.ac.uk
Computing & Information           JANET:     nbc@inf.rl.ac.uk
Systems Department                      BITNET:    nbc%inf.rl.ac.uk@ukacrl
Rutherford Appleton Lab.            Tel: +44 1235 44 5740
Chilton, Didcot, Oxon                    Fax: +44 1235 44 5893
OX11 0QX , England