Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Colour vinyl

From: Ulrich Grepel <uli@zoodle.robin.de>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 96 01:09:07 +0100
Subject: Re: Colour vinyl
To: Emmy May Lombaerts <lombaeg@donald.interpac.be>
cc: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Hi Emmy et al!

Emmy quoted someone:
> >There was also a 12" EP released in Canada in the early 80's that
> >came in different colours. I managed to get a green copy.
>          Does anyone know how many colours they came in? I have green,
> yellow, blue and a strange shade of red.. And is there really a gold vinyl
> copy of "Wuthering Heights"?

I know about the following colors of the Canadian 12" EP:
brown, clear, green, yellow, blue, white, red, gold, and of course black.

On the other hand, I've never seen any of them, and some of these
colors might actually be the 'same' color. Like gold=yellow and
brown=red. I don't know, but would like to know from someone who does.

About Wuthering Heights in gold vinyl:

I know about an 'Old Gold' release, no idea whether the vinyl is colored.

I have an entry in the discography which states that there is a WH single
from the US with gold vinyl. I only saw this referenced once, with no
further information like track listing, catalog number or anything else.

Then there actually is ('actually' means I have seen a copy) a single with
Wuthering Heights and The Man With The Child In His Eyes. It's from "The
Old Gold Collection Of Golden Hits" (I think I should remove the other
entries from the WH single listing I mentioned above). The vinyl here
is most definitely black, at least the copy I have seen.

Then there is a single from the Silver Spotlight Series (Babooshka / Wuthering
Heights), though this most definitely is neither silver nor gold vinyl,
but black vinyl. I own a copy of this one.

Bye,

Uli

--
"Ein 32-Bit-Betriebssystem fuer uns?" - "Wozu? Wir haben doch zwei mit 16."
[IBM ad promoting OS/2] "Bah, ich habe 4 mit 8!" [comment from Sven Wachter]