Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate Songs Backwards!!!

From: Johnny Utah <teocs@merlion.singnet.com.SG>
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 1996 16:59:10 GMT
Subject: Kate Songs Backwards!!!
To: gaffa-post@eddie.mit.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Hi fellow Kate-lovers!

I was just fiddling around with my Soundblaster Wave Studio (haven't
really figured out how to work the thing!) and tried reversing some of
those backward-masked bits of Watching You Without Me and Leave it
Open. The latter was obviously recorded and then reversed on the final
mix, but I still can't figure out what exactly Kate is singing in
either one of them. The bit in Watching You sounds like, "calling
you...??... knocking us, knocking us" (sorry, it's really
undecipherable!) and the bit in Leave It Open sounds like, "They said
they were, but we knew...". Could someone who knows about these things
please enlighten me? It's been bugging me for ages now!!!

BTW, any news about that Sexual Healing track?