Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Homeground

From: Garrick Twinney <garrick@area51.upsu.plym.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 1996 22:11:38 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: Re: Homeground
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net (The best digest around!)
Cc: willker@chemie.uni-bremen.de (Wieland Willker)
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Greetings all.

> - - "Running up that Hill" from our very best Garrick Twinney! About
> the  Glastonbury Katemas gathering. Can you be more precise about the
> HoFAM, please?

Flattery gets you no where.  Honest ;)

Due to space restrictions my article was edited by Peter as I'd got a little
carried way and wittered on about all sorts of irrelavancies.  I never could
write concisely and kept getting side tracked.  If anyone wants a copy of
the full article then please mail me and I'll gladly send a copy.  I am
also uploading a HTMLified version to my web-page but that it is not
'officially' available yet due to red-tape and such.

The HoFAM, well.  My experience of HOMEGOUND gatherings tend to involve
large quantities of people all turning up at once at some poor, unsuspecting
pub and expecting to all sit together, this normally involves a massive
rearrangment of the furniture, with or without the consent of the owners.
Hence 'Homeground Furniture Alteration Machine' or 'HoFAM'.  Nothing more
than that I'm afraid.  Maybe I could of come up with a slightly better
nmenonic then that but due to a combination of lazyness and increadable
disorganization I'd left writing the article to the last minute and so was a
little pushed for time.

> - - Can some kind soul please translate for me this Rra-re-ro
> Moggy-talk,
>   please, I don't get it. It's on page 8 and 30 bottom,left. BTW, what's
>   the Moggy-Kate relation? I think Moggy's a bear, not a cat?

Ah Moggy, as drawn and owned by the lovely Pami.  Moggy is apparently a Lion
and has been a friend and companion of Pami for many years, or more likely a
total nuisance and Smard!  Everything that Moggy says starts with a 'R' and
the rest of the word is spelt phoneticly (why isn't phoneticly spelt
phoneticly?) so translation from Moggyspeak to English is a combination of
luck and logic.  It helps to know roughly what is being said in the
first place.  To translate from English to Moggy simply replace the start of
each word with 'R' and make the rest of the word fit.

Example:  Kate Bush is the greatest > Rate Rush riz re ratest
          Love-Hounds rocks > Rove-Rounds rocks.

The only exception to these rules is the Moggyword 'Soff' which delightfully
translates to 'Piss Off'!  And 'Raswa' which is a Moggy greeting.

Best wishes all.

Garrick.