Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Roy Harper albums

From: anderson@ppg01.sc.hp.com (Allen Anderson)
Date: 2 Jan 1996 21:03:05 GMT
Subject: Re: Roy Harper albums
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Douglas Alan (nessus@mit.edu) wrote:
: In article <199512200020.TAA26050@remus.rutgers.edu>
: woj@remus.rutgers.edu (32 flavors and then some) writes:

: > > I also really like the album *Come Out Fighting Ghengis Smith* (1967),
: > > but since I hear that Roy is paying a hefty bounty for all remaining
: > > copies of this album to be burned, this one might be hard to find.

: >   huh. it was recently reissued by roy on science friction label, so i
: >   don't think your rumormonger is selling you good lines... ;)

: >   woj

: This is good news!  My rumormonger was Roy Harper himself, when I
: chatted with him for a few minutes in a London pub ten years ago.
: Perhaps he listened to my objections that I thought it was a great
: album, his opionion notwithstanding, or perhaps the passing of a few
: years has made him view his early endeavors a bit more kindly.

Or perhaps he had had a few and was in a whimsical mood.  (what, roy?!?)

|      Allan Anderson -- anderson@ppg01.sc.hp.com -- Hand Holder        |
| "No one wants my mindless iridescent protoplasms" -- _Shoggoths Away_ |