Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-41 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Sensual World: new thought on "noise burst"

From: llovich@aol.com (Llovich)
Date: 21 Dec 1995 21:23:20 -0500
Subject: Re: Sensual World: new thought on "noise burst"
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

And Rolf wrote:
>if i remember right, that sound is Paddy Bush swinging a fishing rod,
>though he is credited with "Paddy Bush - whips".
>(I'm not sure where i found this, either in "Cloudbusting" or "The
Garden")

Indeed in the KBC newsletter that accompanied TSW's release, Kate mentions
the whip/fishing rod sound. She said it was indeed Paddy whipping a
fishing rod around to get that sound.

And doesn't that gel nicely with the air sicks Paddy used to get that
"woosh" sound in "Sat in Your Lap" -- a sound you'd assume was done by a
synthesizer or a syndrum, unless you knew those Bush people who always
have to do it differently.
"Just saying it can even make it happen ...
    All I have to do is say it for you."
-- "Cloudbusting," K. Bush