Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-40 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Loitering in Gaffa

From: yaye@pipeline.com (Samantha Pena)
Date: 14 Dec 1995 11:02:07 -0500
Subject: Re: Loitering in Gaffa
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

JForward@sitgbdsd1.telecom.au wrote:

<That's what I've been thinking more and more, and it matches with the
 other biblical references to Pandora and the camel through the eye of
 a needle business. Feet of mud always reminds me of foot of clay, too.>

Gee, I hope I'm not being anal here, but I do feel compelled to mention
that Pandora is not a figure from the Bible.  She is the girl who could not
control her curiosity, and unleashed all sorts of grief upon the world by
opening a box she was forbidden to touch.  It is a Greek myth.

Of course there *is* all the other biblical imagery at work in the song,
like the camel thing you mentioned, so your point is well taken.

--

Yaye Kazu

"Everybody should be able to make some music - it's the cosmic dance!"
--  Harold & Maude